When designing or remodeling an office or a home, it is hard to choose materials that offer durability, beauty, and elegance. Natural stones, such as Travertine that is best selection. Whether it is for a home or a commercial area, contractors and designers know that stone surfaces are a wise investment that can add value to a property and can create well Feeling.
What is Travertine?
Travertine is a terrestrial sedimentary rock and a form of Calcium Carbonate. you usually find it near hot springs in Iran. It comes with horizontal veins and shows a different time zone in the history as like woods. Travertine is from the same family with lime stones.
Major different between two stones, lime stones mostly solid and full body materials. Travertine includes little pitted holes caused of gas bubbles. During the finishing this little holes may filled a cement or resin-based filling materials.
Travertine is a natural stone such as Marble, Granite, Onyx, Lime stone. The key difference between Travertine and other natural stones lies in the formation of the rock, the hardness of the stone and the appearance. Travertine is not the same as Marble or Limestone which falls in the metamorphic rock category. Key characteristics of Travertine stone are the holes within the stone which are caused by carbon dioxide evasion.
In appearance, Travertine is a diverse and strip shaped color whose color variation is due to the difference in the composition that exists at the time of the sedimentation of the stone elements and to show itself as various veins. The presence of these veins that is outside the context of the stone design is a Travertine weakness, and these veins are trapped by the slightest impact and compression, causing cracks in the stone to be traced off, and the stone has fewer streaks and impurities Has a higher strength.
The natural shades of Travertine ranges from soft ivory and pale creamy white to rich golden shades of walnut and honey, silvery greens, rustic reds, and deep mocha coffee shades. Since Travertine is a natural stone and the colors depend on local mineral and organic materials, the tiles are never a single solid color, although some Travertine varieties are more consistent in color. Colors in each tile will vary with mottling and veins or bands of contrasting color throughout the stone. Each stone has unique character and style, although stones quarried from the same area will have enough overall similarity to create a beautiful floor.
You can see in this item colors of Travertine. It is various and beautiful. You have very different selection.
Selecting the perfect color for your desired location:
Selecting a color is one of the easiest decisions you’ll have to make, because it shouldn’t’ be too hard to tell which shades would work well in your yard. If you need a head start, here are three most popular colors of Travertine payers and the locations where they work best.
- Red : Travertine that contains a high rust content can range from a pale rust to a vibrant scarlet
- Rosa : a deep rose pink mottled with cream
- Gray : a heavily striated dark gray travertine
- Classico : a uniform color and patterning that resembles natural cork
- Philadelphia : earthy, medium range tan colors with a high degree of natural striation
- Gold : rich shades of golden honey
- Light : pale cream or ivory
- Navona : very light beige (almost white) with a rustic, antique appearance
- Emerald : pale shades with a greenish tinge
- Beige : ranging in color from lightest ivory to pale fawn
- Walnut : a variety of mid-range browns from dark tan to milk chocolate
- Noce : shades of walnut that range from medium gold to dark coffee
- Chocolate : deep, rich dark brown
- Silver : light ivory tiles with a hint of gray that creates a silvered appearance
- Emerald Light : Pale green veins on white background
- Onyx Light : Honey yellow onyx veins on white background
- Mina Rustic : Blend of beige and walnut and has some yellow and black veins.
- Mina Dark : One tone darker than Beige, it can be described as “Light Walnut”
- Scabos : a highly variegated degree of colors ranging from light honey to dark rust
- Durango : cloudy ivory and light khaki tile speckled with tiny black dendrites
The natural surface of Travertine permits different finishes, depending on its use or application.
Brushed : Brushed Travertine has slightly rough texture and a matte finish. More antique and is less slippery compared to honed or polished finish
Saw Cut : A flat, very matte finish with no honing or polish. No further finishing after being cut with the wet saw.
Tumbled : Tumbled Travertine is the most natural finish, resulting in a highly textured finish with no shine and edges that are rounded with a worn appearance that resembles ancient stone. Tumbled Travertine is most often found in outdoor installations.
Polished : The Travertine is smoothed and polished to a shiny, reflective surface similar to marble. This finish is most common in commercial applications.
Honed : A honed finish is flat and satiny smooth with a low-shine matte finish. Honed Travertine is the most popular choice for home use.
In final, IDea Company is a reputable Iranian-based Stone trading company consisting of an expert sales & marketing team and a competent after sales service group.
We can be summarized as a professional team with a brilliant trace in achieving sizable market share for high quality stone and tile products, systematic and comprehensive sales & marketing activity, extensive knowledge of the market and customer demand and influential relations with key bulk customers in Iran territory.